In doing business, the basic skills of exceptional service are important but one also has to learn how to bring the first customer on board.
1. Put Your House in Order: no one invites guests to a dirty house. Anyone who does, should not be surprised if the guests don’t come. You need to prepare to receive guests (“customers”) in your house (“business”). This includes having a professional-looking page devoid of ambiguity. Strategically use 150 words to write on benefits customers can get. State your location and means of getting across to you (phone number and email).
2. Get Out of Your Nest: prospective customers in today’s world are highly informed and the market is highly competitive. You have to go out there to get them. Use hashtags relevant to what you do. Follow such hashtags to trace profiles that would likely be interested in your services. You can reach out to such profiles offering services for free or at reduced prices. All you need is one foot in the door. That one person then becomes your mouthpiece.
3. Ask for a review: ask for open uncensored reviews. Ask that these reviews be placed on social media and ensure they are genuine. Have people that customers can call to verify your identity.
4. Have Legit Forms of Payments: business beyond borders is risky.
5. Developing an Agreement Form is very important. Thus;
6. Under promise, over deliver: this applies to both the end product or service and your words. Keep to time. Better still, deliver before time. And if something goes wrong, communicate with the customer.
7. Repeat numbers 1 to 6 again.
“As a power entrepreneur, you should wake up knowing that the day will be a profitable one… Not hoping that it will become one.”- Seun Akinlotan.
ABOUT THE GUEST.
My name is Seun Akinlotan. I’m an expert brand strategist, content creator, author of the book, UNEQUALED and founder of Onpoint Success. Onpoint Success is a social enterprise that specializes in helping personal and corporate brands build profitable brands online. We help our clients get *more customers, more sales and more profits*
I am also very passionate about women empowerment and because of my deep passion for raising women entrepreneurs who not only succeed in business but also prosper in life, I created a platform called Onpoint Small Business Success (OSBS). This platform is exclusively for women entrepreneurs who want to connect, collaborate, learn and grow to succeed in business and prosper in life.
The platform is home to 13k+ women in the freemium version and 40+ women across the world in the premium version
To get up close, check out